Monday, May 16, 2011

... To The Stars

The end is now upon me
And I no longer see you in the light
The journey's at an end here
And I'd kept hoping we would intertwine
I found you once, I lost you twice
I searched for you across the reach of space
I knew that I'd see you again
To tell you of the stars one day

I traveled to the heavens
To follow all your long forgotten trails
I worked and toiled forever
And all I did until the end was fail
Or perhaps I didn't lose at all
Perhaps the journey was always meant to be
These words I have left here for you
For I said I'd tell you of the stars one day

I was ever longing for you
I lost my nerve and led myself astray
Searched endlessly to find you
But my journey to the stars ends today
I chased for you so long now
I'm resigned to letting you run away
And even though I feel broken
I know that one day I will find my way

I will find a way
I will find my way
I will find a way
I will find my way

No comments:

Post a Comment