Monday, May 16, 2011

A Love Song For Slashers

I know your pain
I know your name
There seems to be no ending
To your private shame
I don't presume to think I know enough about
The answers to tell you what to do
But I will ask all the questions that everyone is
Scared to ask of you

Put down the knife, my sister
Put down the blade
I swear I stand here with you
I won't watch you carve your name again

I know your face
I know your eyes
Nobody knows the truth
But I can see right through the lies
You dance around everyone with a smile
And long clothing to hide your skin
You feel like damaged goods, but all I see
Is how beautiful you've always been

So put down the knife, my sister
Put down the blade
I swear I'll stand here with you
I won't watch you carve your name again
Put down the weapon, sister
Put down the gun
I've always loved you for what you are
And what you have yet to become

You can't erase yourself from the ones who care
Even if you feel like you were never there
I will always want you. I will always want you.
I will always want you to finish writing your story

So pick up the pen, my sister
Refill the ink
I swear I'll stand here with you
Writing love on your arms as my heart weeps
Release emotions, my sister
Release yourself
Be free and know this world needs you
Your story isn't over yet

No comments:

Post a Comment