Monday, May 16, 2011

Emancipation

The word warm doesn't do you justice
You're brighter than the sun
The word beauty is uttered lifeless
For it you have overcome
Never did I believe that I'd cross you
A specter of the past long gone
Always thought that I had lost you
But now you're back here in my arms
How can it be? I still don't know you
Did you travel that far across time?
Have you seen the life I've had to go through?
Have you been trying to get into mine?
Well now you made it, you're here and I love you
Your colors shine so bright in my eyes
For so long I have been thinking of you
And now you're here to light up my skies
So please tell me this day has no ending
Please tell me that you're here for me
Unto you my heart I am rending
Oh, this wandering soul you've set free

No comments:

Post a Comment