Monday, May 16, 2011

In Between

I don't have anything to offer you
Just the normal black and blue
You've taken all that I had ever gained
I've tried and tried just to make it through
To watch myself come unglued
There isn't much inside that still remains
Empty my life to your eyes
Pour my heart onto a screen
Return null and void, wonder why
Love is this darkening scene
I have no voice left to rationalize
The rolling thunder will not hear my cries
And the black clouds will settle on me
I've fought so hard against your lies
There's simply nothing otherwise
And I wish you'd just walk away from me
I have emptied my life to your eyes
I have poured myself onto your screen
My return has been nothing, but why?
Why can't I find love in between?
Life dealt us different hands, this truth I understand
But isn't it more important how you play the game?
I'm not the same old man, I found a different plan
So why can't you try to do the same?
I met you halfway there, you gave me the blankest stare
I never thought I'd see you so naive
I made the sacrifice, you refuse to compromise
Keep telling myself that I can't believe
Well I guess it's time I found some faith
Because you just straight up walked away
I'm not surprised
I'm not alive

No comments:

Post a Comment