Friday, July 22, 2011

Pick-Up

Pick up the phone
The night is dark
Cold and alone
So is my heart
A monster grows
Malignant? Hmm
So few do know
So few attempt
I want to speak
I want to cry
I'm trying hard
To stay alive
My enemy
Is time itself
I'll fight till I
Have nothing left
When I am drained
Beyond my strength
I'll reach for you
Whatever length
Will you be there
When I'm alone?
Will you pick up
The telephone?
It doesn't weigh
As much as me
But sometimes it
Is so heavy
I understand
I really do
My words are not
Good substitutes
I never was
That good at this
Is ignorance
So surely bliss?
I do not know
What else to say
I hope that I
Make sense someday
So now I lay
Me down to sleep
Please pray my life
Is mine to keep
But if I die
Before I wake
I hope my call
Is one you'll take

No comments:

Post a Comment