Friday, July 22, 2011

My Enemy

circa 2006

My enemy's in disbelief that I am still around today
To shake off all my misery, to channel it into a better place
My enemies are surrounding me with trials, tribulations abound
The fire's burning ever brighter as the day collapses with a fragile sound
My enemy's inside my mind and taunting me, telling me I'll never be
And everything I love, cherish, honor and fight for I'll never see
My enemy's always behind my back, always cluttering my shelf
But every time I see my enemy I see he looks so much like myself

My enemy is not alone, he breaks the mirror into shards
Ignites the past, burns me alive and carries glass into my scars
My enemy is not alone, she turns the key and slowly locks the door
Throws it away in my cavernous heart leaving me constantly begging for more
My enemy is not just a human being, it's a struggle from within
It's a fight I've longed to fight beside my life as I continue living in this sin
My enemy deserves to die but thrives, on my life and inner wealth
And every time I think I figured it out, I'm reminded it's myself

So can I beat my enemy? Will I make it? Am I not trying hard enough
Or is my enemy just problematic, is my enemy really that tough?
Can I take my enemy and kill it, every morning every day?
Can I drown it, beat it, and defeat it, or will I lose my own way?
If I'm to triumph on my enemy, my enemy must become my friend
If I'm to see all of the means, then I must make due with the ends
If I'm to stop my enemy from succeeding and taking all that's left
I've got to see my enemy is controlled by none other than myself

No comments:

Post a Comment