Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cancer

I. Diligo

I used to think you were the

Answer - I had so many questions in my life
I thought you came to help but now I know that you were just a
Cancer - you were malignant while I was benign
But now I cut you out - that's right, I cut you out

I opened my soul up to you
You took it all in - you found a good use
I made myself vulnerable
You wasted no time becoming a black hole
I tried to cope with what you were for so long
I tried to justify all of your wrongs
I thought that I was gonna be the one
But it's hard to be the one when there's hundreds in the waiting

Pain - this could kill me
Open heart surgery
I thought you loved me
I thought wrong

I gave you more than I could give
I thought you would be my reason to live
I etched your name upon my heart
You never loved me - you lied from the start
I backed away and you pulled me back in
You kept the world shielded from your sins
You hide behind a thousand masks within
But I saw through your lies, and like a fool I waited

Name - i.am. poison
My heart was beaten
You thought you could use me
You thought wrong

II. Abyssus

Abandon all hope, ye who enter in
The ice queen's lair a treacherous disguise
No peace outside if nothing is within
With red lips she is sealing my demise

The boundless acts of selfishness and sin
So many were deceived by all the lies
I justified her every foolish action
I could not see past the burns in my eyes

Piteous loathing to make me feel sorrow
I comfort you to sleep, I stayed awake
And when I finally rested to tomorrow
I'd already been bitten by the snake

You make your life seem like a saddened story
Passive aggressive, begging to be saved
You fooled so many as you stole their glory
And I was such a foolish willing slave

My soul burns alive
I am not alive
You were just a lie
You destroyed my life

III. Libertas

My eyes are open
How did I get in this cage?
I don't deserve this
I'll cast aside the chains
My heart is beating
I can't deny the pain
This time I'm leaving
I'm ready to live again

One last token of my good will
Shatter your fortress, expose your ill
You said you wanted to be free
Who better to do that than me?

I will carry the burden of an enemy
I will carry the burden of truth
I will cast out the burden of misery
I do not belong to you

We're free
So let it be
Finally free
Let it be

Freedom

No comments:

Post a Comment