Friday, July 22, 2011

Disease

My life is just beginning as we speak
Oh I feel so weak
I could just hold onto you forever
You're nurturing me and you'll make me whole
Till we both grow old
I can see we'll always be together
But something's hiding in your eyes
And you know I don't like surprises
So tell me what is stirring in your soul

You told me I've got a lot in common with disease
You told me I've been weighing you down with all of my needs
You told me that you loved me, but you're weakening in the knees
So now it's time to let me go

You cut me off and I thought I would die
But all I did was cry
I wanted to crawl in a hole forever
I tried to come back and apologize
And I failed to realize
I took and took, yet I gave never
There's something showing in my eyes
I know now why you finalized us
I think that I'm beginning to feel whole

I found out I had a lot in common with disease
I found out I'd drained you as though I were just a leech
I will always love you, but I see I made you weak
So I'm okay to let you go

I grew out of my pattern long ago
Can't do that anymore
Been standing on my feet forever
I've had a few diseases all my own
They've since been overthrown
I'm so thankful for the storms I've weathered
So if you're hearing me right now
These words I'm saying clear and loud
It's time for you to take back the control

Some people, they just have a lot in common with disease
Some people just don't feel right unless they're making you feel weak
You can love them, but you don't have to live with their defeat
I'm saying it's okay to let them go

No comments:

Post a Comment