Thursday, August 9, 2012

Stream Of Consciousness I

written 7/8/12


There is a time at which the journey begins
I've broken ground upon my heart and now it's time to dig in
With picks and spades under no shade I feel the heat and the wind
I've played the part of my charade out and I'm empty within
Everybody get your knives out, it's time to take a stab
At what I'm gonna be next and how much I'm gonna have
To take from all of the directions you can find on the map
You get grins thinking I'm lost but I'mma have the last laugh
So come at me if you'd like because I've got nothing but time
I've climbed the steps to find myself and hide within these lines
You've been breathing me into existence giving life to rhymes
Cause every single song you sing makes you all the more mine
I am the oxygen that fills your lungs and makes your breath clean
I am the valve that pumps inside you, yeah I move your bloodstream
You can find myself inside you every time you're lonely
I am you and you are me, and we're one hell of a team
High five

No comments:

Post a Comment