Thursday, August 9, 2012

I Know

I always get this feeling
That you're holding something back
I don't know what, I don't know why
But, I know
You can hide it, you can fight it
And you can try to deny it
But the blood is on your hands
And it shows
You wear your heart upon your sleeve
Yet you are upset when you bleed
You should understand by now
Just what it does
Now the trick here you will see
Is that I'm talking about me
Damn, I'm as confused today
As I ever was

But at least I know
At least I know

Spent so long talking to myself
It's so hard to hear someone else
We've got so many conversations
Going on
You can try to come and join us
But you may find us an annoyance
I would offer explanations
But they'd be wrong
My head is upset with my heart
And it's been tearing me apart
I tried to tell my heart some things
But I didn't listen
My heart is on vacation now
If you could leave a note somehow
I'll check it once I get back
But for now, I'm gone fishin'

Then at least I'll know
At least I'll know

I left a rice trail out for you
And made a spot out here for two
Just promise me you won't come back here
With my head
I'm tired of making bad decisions
All because he 'has a vision'
Tell him I said he needs to get
His prescription checked

Then he will know
At least he'll know

Some years have passed, you stood me up
I thought I was out of luck
Then from the rice trail came my head
We talked for once
We were both wrong, we were both right
Both of us didn't want to fight
So we laughed until the setting
Of the sun
We made a promise to each other
He's the thinker, I'm the lover
But we've got to work together
Not alone
It's much easier said than done
And sometimes not a lot of fun
But if you catch me smiling randomly
You'll know

No comments:

Post a Comment