Monday, June 21, 2010

Take Me Away

This was written in the throes of my teenage years. Amazing how I can see looking back on writings like this where I ended up heading in my own words, and also where I came from. It seems almost juvenile, but it also seems palpable.

I heard one day inside my head voices loud with disbelief
Overtaken slowly I watch myself turn grey with grief
Because I just don't understand the way I always feel
But inside I'm satisfied 'cause I know my life is real
They tried to take me down a step but I just stay straight up
Emptiness overlaps my head, can someone fill my cup?
I've never had it overflow, I'm wondering what it's like
I guess I never was meant to be happy in this life
Some people take short easy roads, I choose the hard and long
If this world's your idea of right, I'd much rather be wrong
Fight the good fight till I can't breathe, it's easier said than done
But this new challenge I believe that I will overcome
'Cause this affair goes so much deeper than my old surface
This time I'm fighting to believe my life was never worthless
I'm holding onto what I have in search of bigger purpose
But if staring in your face is Hell, then your name makes me nervous
So take me away, I don't wanna be here anymore with you and me killing each other silently
I'll leave today and be happy with a person that finds the heart to love me as I am

No comments:

Post a Comment