Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Ode Of Once Fatherless Sons

My father is a man set apart from the cares of the world. He brought two men into it and ruined many lives inside of it. He does not know me or my brother, though he'd like to think he does. He is responsible for nothing more than heartache and misery. It astonishes me how hard I try to set myself apart from his destiny or his image. It amazes me yet even more that knowing the men my brother and I have become that he had no part of it and that he missed out on all of it.

Headaches the size of landmines
Controlling heart rate, abated, misplaced
Ashes, reigning blackness
Assuring distaste, alluring mistakes
Someone is doctoring these memories
Someone is taking hold of me

Forgetting all I know
Has been the easiest thing to remember
It's like a wish for snow
During a heat wave in December

Entice the masses with lies
Fabrication, truth's distillation
Father at once, but no more
Condemnation, this sweet sensation
Somehow your words are piercing through my soul
Somehow I let you take control

And when your supernova soul
Gave birth to both your brightest suns,
Our radioactivity
Destroyed your chance of being one
Of those who would alter the path
(Or put your blinders on our eyes)
To light the many planets of
The system that we both call life

Synapsis of your disguise
Abusive, disgraced, elitist, filth, waste
Fatherless once, but no more
We're dropping this case, get out of our way
Someone is making brand new memories
Someone has truly set us free

Resetting all I know
Has been the easiest thing to remember
It's time for letting go
To clean this floor of dying embers

No comments:

Post a Comment