Saturday, November 12, 2011

Soldier

I'm not what you're looking for
I promise you I'm not
Peace won't prepare your heart for war
And this conflict's all I've got
Just turn back the way you came
Regroup, repent, restore
One truth will solemnly remain
I'm not what you searched for
I'm broken, bitter, surely so
But I see through balanced eyes
I'm pulled beneath the undertow
But again I will rise
You fear what you don't understand
So you probably fear me
You are searching for a great man
But instead you just found me
I've put up lots of warning signs
I've tried to drop the hint
You thought I overdramatized
Took for granted what I meant
I don't trust your words or mind or heart
Hell I don't even trust mine
As many years as it's been ripped apart
It's amazing I'm alive
So before you look at me and think
'I could love someone like that'
Take a moment to consider things
My heart still feels under attack
So if you feel like you're on my side
And you're down to fight a war
Win or lose, with me you'll end the ride
I might be what you're looking for

No comments:

Post a Comment