Friday, September 14, 2012

Silage

There was an image in my mind
Walking through the rain
Perspective of grey as the sky begins shifting
Malevolent winds screaming through the street
Went too far away
Footsteps trace a pattern
Unfamiliar, unmolested ground
Gazing up to a world
Too busy to notice this
Young, drenched man who lives in these fortresses
Languishing every hour
Uncertain of the paths that lay before him
Accepting their futility anyway
Watch how the light plays a trick on you
The pledge is the radiance piercing the cold
The turn is warmth and an everlasting glow
The truth is it's gone when you need it the most
And this is all my eyes can find
The light bears no clarion call of comfort
Cold, dark struggles are my lifeblood
Light is nothing but blinding
So bring me back to the darkness
That I may smile once more

No comments:

Post a Comment