Thursday, September 20, 2012

Rise

I remember the days
When the only way to stop the pain
Was to cause some to myself
Or to allow you the chance to make it worse
I've evacuated hope before
But I feel like I can break the chains now
Ratcheted down to the soil, my skin is alive
I never wanted it all
I just wanted enough
But enough wasn't enough for you
There's a stain in my soul
You can't bleach it enough
The days are like wounds and the sun
Cauterizes my heart to the pain
I see the evening rise
The thirst is quenched, the fever is gone
I watch you cut your wrists and run
To the nearest exit for sympathy
It's easy to open your arms
When the broken throw themselves at you
Begging for healing
But you plan to manipulate
Which is just what they want
My heart is harder than steel
But inside, there is unaided hope
A listlessly wandering inferno of love
Burning all that it touches to ashes
When the phoenix arises the ashen stains remain
The pain is reborn with the love
The hope is entangled with sorrow
I contain myself within
Because I don't want to hurt you
Nor will I sit and watch you hurt yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment