Monday, April 16, 2012

For The Rest Of My Life

You wanna talk to me like I'm trash
Remember who you're screwing with
You wanna put knives in my back
Remember to give a gentle twist
I gave the love of a thousand suns
Mistakes, yes indeed I've made some
Count the ones to me that cannot be forgiven
And I will carry them for the rest of my life

You wanna kill everything you've made
Remember why you're doing it
You wanna take pot shots at my face
Remember that I feel every hit
I'd give the light of a thousand moons
My heart was broken but I made room
You ever so quickly vacated the premises
And I will carry regret for the rest of my life

I wanted to be your happiness
I remember every good thing you did
I wanted to be a source of bliss
I remember how much of you I miss
I'd give every hour of every day
If I knew I could keep you in some way
But you packed up and swept away the remnants
I'll be that much more empty for the rest of my life

Say to the world what you will
But please remember these words
Feel what you want to feel
I'll try not to remember this hurt
I'd give my whole life just to see your face
Just to feel your touch as you walk away
Instead of this false electronic sense
I will guard myself close for the rest of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment